The Rogue River Police Department impounds vehicles for several reasons. These reasons include the following:
- Driving Uninsured
- Driving While License Suspended/Revoked
- Driving Without Operating Priviliges
- Vehicle is Evidence in a Crime
To retrieve a vehicle that has been impounded, please follow these steps:
- The Registered Owner or Legal Lienholder must go to the Rogue River Police Department and show proof of ownerhip of vehicle (title or registration card), proof of valid insurance for the vehicle, and a valid driver's license. If the registered owner does not have a valid driver's license, another person with a valid driver's license may accompany them to get the vehicle out of impound.
- Have receipt of payment for $150.00 from the City of Rogue River, obtained at Rogue River City Hall, which is next door to the Police Department.
- Once this information and receipt are provided, the registered owner will receive a release form. This can then be taken to the Tow Company to retrieve the vehicle.